How To Maximise The Life Of Your Vape’s Battery
We’ve come a long way since the days of expensive disposable batteries in the first e-cigs. The newer rechargeable batteries that now come standard on most vape mods and other e-cigarettes are leaps and bounds better and more advanced. However, they still require some attention to achieve their maximum lifespan.
You can get the most value out of your device’s batteries by:
- Keeping it cool and dry. Leaving your vape on your car’s dash in the middle of summer or out in the rain during a sporting event is a surefire way to a shortened battery life (or even immediate damage to your battery or device). Instead, keep your batteries cool and dry at all times for maximum longevity and performance.
- Unplugging it when it’s done charging. Charging your batteries to 100% and then leaving them charging for longer – especially if you do this repeatedly – is hard on your battery and may result in a shorter lifespan or even an inability to hold a charge. When your batteries are fully charged, go ahead and disconnect them for best results (the exception being “charging cases” for cigalikes designed for this purpose).
- Don’t allow your batteries to die completely, either. Just as you shouldn’t overcharge your batteries, you also should not make a habit of letting them drain to 0%. That’s because it takes much more power to recharge a fully dead battery than one with even a little life left. If you allow your batteries to die totally too often, you’ll notice a significantly declining lifespan.
- Don’t store batteries with low charges. If you know that you won’t be using one of your devices for weeks or months, be sure to charge the battery all the way before placing it into storage. It’s important not to let a battery sit for long periods with less than a 50% charge, but go ahead and charge it all the way to 100% before storing – the best way to prolong your battery’s life and preserve it while not in use.
- Disconnect the tank during storage, too. Before storing your device for a longer period, charging the battery is just one of the preventive steps that you should take. Also be sure to disconnect the tank from the battery. Leaving them connected will cause your device to have to work harder while in storage, shortening its life.
- Enjoy your vape often. Just like your car battery, the more active you keep your vape battery, the better. Try to use it every day for best results. If you are going to let it sit for a while, perhaps while you try out a different device or travel somewhere that you can’t take your vape, do follow the steps above including charging the battery fully and disconnecting it from the tank.
When it comes to vape battery life, it’s easy to get the most out of yours by following these few simple steps. Let them become habit, and you’ll replace your batteries far less often over time.